Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A trip to the farmer's market

On Sunday morning, a few hours before Jake's exciting sports moment, I was enjoying my favorite Sunday morning pastime... the farmer's market. It's right on the harbour, and you can even walk up and buy fish fresh off of the boat. But I'm usually just stocking up on our fruits and vegetables. 

I'm sure someone else would have a better idea of the differences in the produce here, but I've picked up on a few things. 

First, zuchinis are called courgettes, and we eat a lot of them, mostly steamed or sauteed, but sometimes in pasta. I think mandarin oranges are pretty popular here, and they are delicious. But my favorite is the kiwifruit. 

I could eat a dozen of these at a time. There's the traditional green kiwifruit and also a sweeter golden kiwifruit, which is amazing. Mmm! 
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: