Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our first anniversary

Happy Anniversary to us! 
What a year it's been. Hard to believe a year ago we were getting hitched on the Big Island of Hawaii.

We celebrated last night with a dinner at home, topped off with a special NZ dessert, called a pavlova. It's made of fluffy stuff, whipped cream and fresh fruit. Actually, my new "Auntie" June from next door showed me how to make it, and although she did all the work, I still passed it off as my own. :) Don't tell! Jake gave me these beautiful flowers, and I found an American-style coffee machine to give him.


The pavlova looks like a big strange blob, but it's a delicious blob of fluffy goodness.

Jake's 32nd birthday
Jake spent the evening lawn bowling (think bocce ball) with the KPMG crew. He was happy to get a package from his folks, a call from his brother Jeromy, some new hiking boots from me and a long list of friendly birthday wishes from friends and family. If you haven't read these yet, you should. As promised, I gave him a big slap on the ass that morning from Jeromy and Corey. Auntie June also "helped" me make him a chocolate birthday cake. I'd call that a pretty nice birthday.

Here's his birthday card from me. 

Dinner with our neighbors
While he was out lawn bowling, I was invited over to dinner at Auntie June's next door. 

That's Auntie June in blue. Next to her is their neighbor Don, June's husband Phil, and their son Stuart.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple! Thought about you guys all day. Seems like you've packed a lifetime of living into just one year. I'm sure you have many more great years together. Definitely, many happy returns. Love you--

Anonymous said...

Hi you all, it is good to be able to talk to you, your mom is here trying to get some knowledge in my thick head. I am definitely computer illiterate and don't know how to spell too good. I have put many messages on here but did'nt know what to do to get them there. So someplace all these messages are floating. Hope Jake had a nice birthday and you had a nice anniversary. Love you both granma joy and granpa Augie